Welcome Everybody, this is a place where I'll be reviewing all the good Hip Hop and Drum N Bass I have found on the net and in the real world. If you want music reviewing hit me up at: http://www.myspace.com/r2thab

Friday, April 25, 2008

Review Of Welcome Back by Superiority Complex

Artist: Superiority Complex

superiotory complex
Track: Welcome Back
Production: BLACKOLOGY
Rating: 4.5/5

I first heard Miami's Superiority Complex back in 2006 when I peeped their remake of the Classic A Tribe Called Quest's Butter which I thought was one of the best remakes I've heard.
Welcome back is another well produced laid back true school number, Blackology is behind the beats, I can hear 9th Wonder, Pete Rock & Large Professor as influences, filtered bass lines, soul samples, chopped up vocals and head nodding drums, this my style of hip hop.
Iron Monk & Poisoned Fetus handle the vocal duties and do it well, the interplay is good and they both hold it down, I like the flows and the uplifting content of the rhymes.
If your a fan of Little Brother, Mr Complex, Large Professor, Reach, Inverse etc then this is for you.

Superiority Complex myspace

No comments:

About Me

Writer, Producer, Hip Hop Junkie